Friday 13 June 2008

PS3s and 360s - AKA Oranges and Lemons

First post for a while. I've been busy you see. I'll get straight to the point...

I'm on the eve of getting one of the greatest games ever. Metal Gear Solid 4. I won't go into any detail about the game because I can't be bothered to right now. Now alot of people preorder games. Maybe I should have done that and had the game today. But to be honest I'm just not that sad. The only game I've ever really preordered was GTA4 and that's because I knew it would sell out and I would have to wait ages to get it.

So anyway back to my point. In my exciting I've been looking around on the Internet for reviews, videos etc etc and stumbled upon this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3zl2BjDSBk&NR=1

It's not the vid I'm about to moan about its the fanboys who have commented on it. You know the guys who like to post things like "PS3 sucks" or "360 blows". Chances are they haven't even used both consoles before and spend their time searching forums just so they can make their opinion heard.

I bought my PS3 for the simple reason that I wanted one. I weighed up getting a 360 but just liked the PS3 more. I'm not about to argue that the PS3 has better graphics blah de blah blah because really who can see any difference at this moment in time. I'm not going to defend the PS3's online capabilities etc. For me online play is not that big a draw in a game. I much prefer a good single player campaign.

So anyway the fact of the matter is this: Instead of arguing with people and criticising each others consoles, get playing them.

Peace out

No comments: