Thursday 18 December 2008

Sex objects....and no I don't mean women.

Guess this will have to be a quick one but here goes....

I've noticed a drastic change in society. Sort of like the tables have turned. Basically if you switch on the television nowadays I can guarantee there'll be a half naked man on atleast one advert. Then there'll be a supposedly "typical" man whos an idiot. Anyone else noticed this? Basically the whole issue of which sex is better has come up again and this time the shoes on the other foot.

Its seems now that all men are good for is either too look at or be told what to do off they're wives. Now I forget but if it were the other way round wouldn't it be classed as sexism?

So anyway, i'm not a masculinist or anything but it just gets on my nerves that the women who produce these sort of adverts think two wrongs make a right. I've always been told it doesn't but hey, what do I know.

Starting to get really sick of it. Guess one good thing though, its made me realise what its like for the opposite sex to think that you're incompetent as hell.

So ladies, we get the picture. Stop these annoying adverts. I for one don't want to see a man in the nude. If I did I wouldn't be complaining.

Women are good at some things and men are good at others. Lets keep it at that.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How right you are!
Who on earth decided to interfere with the status quo, to such an extent, that we are now the mere playthings of the once fairer sex.
Pigsy loves that Strictly Come Dancing crap (you'll guess that I already hate that 'light on yer toes' dross). The blokes seem to be forever ripping their blouses off in some sort of vain 'six pack exposure' ritual.
Its's disgusting. Stop it now!
How I long for the days when 'get yer tits out for the lads' would suffice.

Christine Lucas said...

Oh, I don't know. Women get their share.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuFTobApTQY

This is my fav commercial:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEJJUGJZxpU

Christine Lucas said...

Oh...men and women as sex objects. I'm a tard. Sorry. I posted the wrong link. Here we go:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdHyqx4dnsQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--L96OuSW8g